Deep in the south of Sri Lanka, in a village named Hikkaduwa, where life is still steeped in culture and tradition, lies Mo River House. The charm of the interior of the villa offers a cosy, comfortable stay for visitors. It’s beautiful garden was landscaped by Sri Lanka’s most famous landscape artist Laki Senanayake, overlooking which is the stunning Rathgama Lake, dotted by many islands which can be visited by a short boat ride. Recommended is a visit to the famous temple located on an island downriver.
A variety of birdlife can be seen in the gardens of the bungalow. Even peacocks enter the gardens from time to time. Small mammals such as rabbits, water monitors and squirrels can be seen around the bungalow.
The villa consists of 3 double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, living and dining areas, a patio and a private swimming pool.
- The interior-designed bedrooms are airy, comfortable and fully equipped with modern amnesties such as air conditioning and wi-fi.
- The bathrooms are well equipped with all modern facilities.
- The pool which is in the back garden of the bungalow, has been built strategically a few feet from the patio in close proximity to the lake offering breathtaking vistas of the natural surroundings.
- The patio at the back of the bungalow looks out over the tranquil waters of the Rathgama lake.
- The perfect spot for enjoying a beautiful sunrise and an exquisite sunset, are the two private deck areas overlooking the lake, ideal for a quiet evening with good company and a bottle of wine. The upper deck is an amazing space for private candle lit dinner under the stars. The lower deck is the perfect spot for an afternoon picnic by the lake.